Nut for Tribute ASAT Classic - Korean

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am

Anyone here ever replace the nut on an Tribute ASAT Classic Korean made? Picked up another and looks like the nut was cut for 11's or . 12's. Frankly, I can't play those and do not know how to cut my own nut. No one near has the ability either. Will have to be a drop in replacement with minimal filing. Had zero buzz at the first 5 frets with the strings that came on it. Changed to my set and still buzzing after raising the action and checking relief. I would rather not shim. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nut for Tribute ASAT Classic - Korean

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 am

SamIV wrote:Anyone here ever replace the nut on an Tribute ASAT Classic Korean made? Picked up another and looks like the nut was cut for 11's or . 12's. Frankly, I can't play those and do not know how to cut my own nut. No one near has the ability either. Will have to be a drop in replacement with minimal filing. Had zero buzz at the first 5 frets with the strings that came on it. Changed to my set and still buzzing after raising the action and checking relief. I would rather not shim. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps this post might be useful: Want easy replacement nut for Legacy Tribute.

:ugeek:

Re: Nut for Tribute ASAT Classic - Korean

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Wonder why when I search I never find these posts. This will work great. Thanks