S-500 MFD pickups question

Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi all.
I'm putting 2, S-500 MFD's into a H/S/S Strat

I presently have the RW/RP pickup in the middle and it's not playing nice with the humbucker (out of phase in position 2).

Can anyone tell me if I can swap the MFD neck & middle pickup positions to work with a HB in the bridge?
I can't just flip the wires on the HB. It's a Fender Twin Head Vintage HB and it's not you average HB. (that's another forum & thread)

Basically, are the neck & middle MFD's the same specs apart from the RW/RP?
I know some pickups have different values suited to their position (eg: bridge hotter than neck etc).
I can't find any specs for the MFD.

Thanks in advance.

- Mick

Re: S-500 MFD pickups question

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi,

I would suggest looking into the history of the BluesBoy. There were issues with the ground that required some work around, but I forget the details.

edg

Re: S-500 MFD pickups question

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:46 am

Emarcey wrote:Hi all.
I'm putting 2, S-500 MFD's into a H/S/S Strat

I presently have the RW/RP pickup in the middle and it's not playing nice with the humbucker (out of phase in position 2).

Can anyone tell me if I can swap the MFD neck & middle pickup positions to work with a HB in the bridge?
I can't just flip the wires on the HB. It's a Fender Twin Head Vintage HB and it's not you average HB. (that's another forum & thread)

Basically, are the neck & middle MFD's the same specs apart from the RW/RP?
I know some pickups have different values suited to their position (eg: bridge hotter than neck etc).
I can't find any specs for the MFD.

Thanks in advance.

- Mick

Yes, the neck and middle MFD's are the same specs apart from the RW/RP.

I don't think swapping the neck and middle positions will make a difference, however, why not give it a shot?

guitar_ed wrote:Hi,

I would suggest looking into the history of the BluesBoy. There were issues with the ground that required some work around, but I forget the details.

edg

What Ed is referring to is the ground plate change, which is necessary on the ASAT Bluesboy MFD bridge pickup to work with the SD Seth Lover HB.
See these for details: ASAT Blues Boy and viewtopic.php?p=83119#p83119.

Please post your results once you get it resolved.

:ugeek: