Saddle lock set screws

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:11 pm

I need a set screw for my ASAT. I went to the online store and the price is 5.95 for a set . Great, I go buy some and find out the least expensive shipping is 22 dollars. I live in Canada but that is a little excessive for an item that weighs next to nothing. Are there no other options? I'll probably end up buying them anyway but under protest. Unless I can get something at the hardware store instead. Maybe I missed something .

Re: Saddle lock set screws

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:14 pm

What set screw do you need? For the trem? Bridge? Metric or Imperial?

- Jos

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:16 pm

glvourot wrote:I need a set screw for my ASAT. I went to the online store and the price is 5.95 for a set . Great, I go buy some and find out the least expensive shipping is 22 dollars. I live in Canada but that is a little excessive for an item that weighs next to nothing. Are there no other options? I'll probably end up buying them anyway but under protest. Unless I can get something at the hardware store instead. Maybe I missed something .

Which shipping method did you choose? (UPS or USPS?).

SHIPPING COST
You may choose to ship by USPS or UPS and the cost of shipping options for your order will be shown at checkout before payment is required. This way you will see how much it costs to ship your order before you commit to purchasing.

:ugeek:

Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Oops, details would have been nice. Its the set screw for the saddle lock bridge for my 1986 asat, so it would be imperial. UPS standard, 20.93. International 25.00.USPS Priority Mail international 29.95.Those are the 3 least expensive shipping options given. The rest are too ridiculus to mention. Thanks for the responses BTW, it is appreciated.

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:27 pm

I ended up spending a total of $1.18 for two set screws from a hardware store. And they are black so they match nicely.