Legacy Tuning issues

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:11 am

Hi anyone else had problems getting their G&L legacy to stay in tune. I have a 2HB, brand new and it just won't stay in tune, its really frustrating and i have never owned a guitar ever that was so poor at staying in tune. I am not aware if the issue is the trem, nut or pegs but all I know is, I bought it and now I can't use is for anything. I had hoped to slip it straight in to my gigging arsenal but no. If I played this guitar at a gig, I sure as hell wouldn't get paid cos it won't hold tune. First guitar I ever owned that was not FIT FOR PURPOSE

this is the 2nd G&L I have owned, my other Asat classic S I bought used is great. Oddly though I do notice that the previous owner changed the tuners to locking grovers which is odd to have locking tuners on a tele. I remember him telling me the old tuners were poor quality.

Seems like I am in the same scenario now, still its frustrating having saved for months to buy the guitar you want, only to have it sitting and being not fit for purpose.

G&L have told me that because I bought from an unauthorised dealer, they can't help me. I got it Ebay for a store in Florida. They said they would take it back and refund which is cool but I would have to pay the shipping(i am in australia), its brand new with the warranty card and all the certification, they seller was 100% Ebay rated and nothing dodgy.

I just wish G&L would take it back and send me a guitar that is FIT FOR PURPOSE.

If anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it,

Re: Legacy Tuning issues

Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:56 am

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11564

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:40 am

I have 5 brand new and 1 brand new neck on a 2000 Comanche , about 50/50 on locking to non locking tuner ratio between those 6 ..... the only time I have tuning issue's is when the weather changes , I'm in Ohio USA and weather changes day to day in the spring and fall , dry to humid , we had 70 percent humidity last week and about 35 percent this week so we do have to re-tune under those conditions ......

If it doesn't hold a tune in normal weather conditions I would think Nut or Trem would be the issue's first .... the trem needs to be level and the nut needs to be loose enough that the strings don't stick ..... Craig will read this eventually and we be able to get a problem resolved

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:42 am

When specifically does it go out of tune? After using the vibrato, doing string bends, or after it's just been sitting in the case? If it's after using the vibrato, is it from pushing down, pulling up, or both? What string gauges are you using?

Ken