ASAT Classic Saddles

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Wondering if anyone has swapped out the saddles on an ASAT classic with either a different brudge plate and 3 saddles or just a different set of 6 saddles. Want to upgrade some playability and tone but don't want to alter the overall sound much. I've really got it dialed in with my rig and it sounds great.

Re: ASAT Classic Saddles

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:27 pm

XianSteffen wrote:Wondering if anyone has swapped out the saddles on an ASAT classic with either a different brudge plate and 3 saddles or just a different set of 6 saddles. Want to upgrade some playability and tone but don't want to alter the overall sound much. I've really got it dialed in with my rig and it sounds great.

What year is your ASAT Classic? Does it have the steel barrel saddles? See: Steel to Brass Saddles?.

:ugeek:

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Yes I have. I installed a Bigsby on a bluesboy, (Same Bridgeplate) and had good results in how it worked. I am curious what you are looking for, as an example, have you compared this G&L bridge plate with a vintage Fender? The G&L bridge plate is heavier and much sturdier and the saddles are great in my opinion. Intonation is a breeze and you say it sounds great so I am curious as to what you are expecting or looking for. Most others bridge plates and saddles would be a degradation in my opinion. Whole different story with a Tele bridgeplate. -- Darwin

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Good question. It's a 2008. Pretty sure they're brass unless they're not and just look it.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:44 pm

XianSteffen wrote:Good question. It's a 2008. Pretty sure they're brass unless they're not and just look it.

They are brass. Not sure what would be used for an upgrade to them. :think:

:ugeek:

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:52 pm

It started as possibly switching to a 3 saddle set. Just exploring options. I need a setup and was thinking about some mods while I'm at it.