saddle bridge dimensions

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:08 am

Hello,
I am seriously considering the purchase of a G&L Fallout guitar.
is it possible to get the saddle locking bridge dimensions or spec sheet? I like TOM bridges and the feel of a higher bridge and wondered If I could get the same height with the locking saddle bridge.
I looked over the net but no info is to be found over this

thanks
Max

Re: saddle bridge dimensions

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:51 am

are you just wanting to compare string height ??... I have both but never measured them , my guess is they are fairly close in height short of actually measuring the two

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:18 am

thanks for your reply FF
yes I would like to compare string height / guitar body.
I like the feel of a non recessed tune o matic bridge of gibson guitars much more than a tele bridge. my wrist sits higher over the guitar body. I find it much more comfortable.
the G&L saddle bridge looks quite high too. but it doesn't seem that G&L guitars use a neck angle or shims in the neck pocket, which are de facto on a gibson set neck for example. I like that feel.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:40 am

you can install neck shims on G&L's if you want/need to .... I'll get you some measurment

Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:18 pm

on my Fallout saddle lock the bottom of the string is 18/32
my Broadcaster saddle lock is 18/32

as far as I know both are still factory , I haven't changed the saddle height anyway , measured by the bridge to body

my LP copy TOM is 21/32 from bottom of string to body , so the LP is a little higher