Volume Knob ASAT Classic Tribute

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:09 am

Hello,

I have just bought online a G&L asat classic tribute guitar. It's my first G&L guitar, that's why I am asking this question:

I am wondering if it is normal that the volume pot does not cut off the sound of the pickups? I just hear small differences in the volume pickups?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Volume Knob ASAT Classic Tribute

Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:39 pm

No, that's not normal. There's something wrong with the volume pot or the wiring. Hopefully you can get it fixed under warranty because the Tributes are very nice guitars otherwise.

It's even pretty easy to fix if you have a soldering iron, bit you shouldn't have to do that with a new guitar.

Re: Volume Knob ASAT Classic Tribute

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Jerome wrote:Hello,

I have just bought online a G&L asat classic tribute guitar. It's my first G&L guitar, that's why I am asking this question:

I am wondering if it is normal that the volume pot does not cut off the sound of the pickups? I just hear small differences in the volume pickups?

Thanks for your help!

Please post a photo of this guitar. Was this purchased as a new instrument from a G&L dealer? If so, it will have a two year Warranty.
Contact the selling dealer for handling any warranty repairs. See G&L's Support page.

I've got to ask: Does the Tone control work as expected? Perhaps the Volume and Tone controls were switched (either by a previous owner or
as a result of a build error). See this diagram in our Gallery: Album: ASAT Classic/Tribute ASAT Classic Picture Diagram.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: