problems with the sound on my legacy

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:58 pm

So I just bought a used legacy at the guitar center, but it seem that the old owner cut in the last pick up and made it a legacy hb, even do almost everything sounds ok except when you try the bridge and middle pick up, it sound really weak, do you guys know if it can be fix and how to fix it???

Re: problems with the sound on my legacy

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 pm

lande009 wrote:So I just bought a used legacy at the guitar center, but it seem that the old owner cut in the last pick up and made it a legacy hb, even do almost everything sounds ok except when you try the bridge and middle pick up, it sound really weak, do you guys know if it can be fix and how to fix it???

Please post a photo of your Legacy, including the underside of the pickguard (showing the wiring, etc) and add it to our G&L Registry.

Check out the Gallery Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics and look at the various Legacy diagrams we have there to check your
guitar wiring against.

:ugeek:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Hey, so thanks for the advice, I open up the legacy and compare it with the ones on the page and found two cables that were wrongfully placed. So I un welded and put it back the way that it on the diagram and now it sounds better, I wanted to post the picture but didn’t knew how to put it on

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:20 am

lande009 wrote:Hey, so thanks for the advice, I open up the legacy and compare it with the ones on the page and found two cables that were wrongfully placed. So I un welded and put it back the way that it on the diagram and now it sounds better, I wanted to post the picture but didn’t knew how to put it on

See: Tutorial: Posting photos [located in the Announcements section].

Glad to hear you were able to fix the problem.

:ugeek:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:28 pm

ok, thanks for all your help, so heres my Legacy, I try to register my guitar but it seem that the old owner already has it [image]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RJ7-A0nO4y8/VBpdvU9kYZI/AAAAAAAAAgA/-V16OeAQQDs/s800/IMAG0218.jpeg[/image]