adjusting truss rod ASAT Classic

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi

I'd like to reduce the underbow on a 2010 ASAT Classic and have turned the truss rod nut about 3/4 turn clockwise but it didn't seem to make a noticable change in the neck bow. I'm wondering if I'm turning it the right way for this type of truss rod so I stopped to ask. Thanks for any help.

dsk

Re: adjusting truss rod ASAT Classic

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:11 pm

I guess the truss rod was completely loose without tension maybe from being shipped all over the country before I got it recently, as another 1/8 turn and it picked up tension and another 1/4 more and the neck was just right.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:04 pm

cpl593h wrote:I guess the truss rod was completely loose without tension maybe from being shipped all over the country before I got it recently, as another 1/8 turn and it picked up tension and another 1/4 more and the neck was just right.

Hi,

Welcome to our website!

Glad to hear you were able to get it worked out. We do have a copy of the G&L Owner's manual in the Gallery.
It's rather old, but most of the info in it is still valid for the current G&L's. Here a link to it.

When you get a chance, please register your ASAT Classic in our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Craig,

Thanks for the help. I did find the posted G&L manual here and used that to adjust the truss rod. I registered it too, again thanks for the helpful site and support.

Dave