? about tribute asat carved top guitar spacing for pickup

Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 am

I am swapping out the pickups in my tribute asat carved maple top guitar and need to know if the spacing should be 50 mm or 53 mm. I think it is 53 mm but if someone could verify that it would be really great. Thanks.

Re: ? about tribute asat carved top guitar spacing for picku

Thu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm

maninblk89 wrote:I am swapping out the pickups in my tribute asat carved maple top guitar and need to know if the spacing should be 50 mm or 53 mm. I think it is 53 mm but if someone could verify that it would be really great. Thanks.

Assuming you have the Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top model, the bridge humbucker pickup is F-spaced (wide, 53mm).
See this post in the G&L General Questions sub-forum of the G&L Knowledgebase forum for details: Decoding the various G&L pickup part numbers.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu May 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Yes, that is the guitar. Does the AS4250C in the neck position mean that if I change the neck pickup I would need a 50 mm spacing on that pickup? Thanks.

Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 pm

maninblk89 wrote:Yes, that is the guitar. Does the AS4250C in the neck position mean that if I change the neck pickup I would need a 50 mm spacing on that pickup? Thanks.

Yes, "The second letter "S" in the pickup part number is for "Standard" pole spacing", as mentioned in link I provided in my previous post.

Here's another link which might help explain it further: http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/string-spacing-explained-humbuckers-vs-trembuckers/.

:ugeek: