Wiring help

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 am

I'm installing a set of G&L HBs from an ASAT into a Tele deluxe partscaster, and I can't seem to find which wires attach to where. I am without a doubt a mod novice. I seem to be getting different answers, so I hope I can get some help here.

It's a standard deluxe setup. 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch on the upper bout. I'm no tapping the coils. Which wires get grounded, which go to the connector on the volume pot, and which ones (if any ) get soldered together and are left hanging? Standard 4-wire leads, black, white, red, and the blue and bare wires together in a separate sheath.

Thanks!

Re: Wiring help

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Beakertwang wrote:I'm installing a set of G&L HBs from an ASAT into a Tele deluxe partscaster, and I can't seem to find which wires attach to where. I am without a doubt a mod novice. I seem to be getting different answers, so I hope I can get some help here.

It's a standard deluxe setup. 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch on the upper bout. I'm no tapping the coils. Which wires get grounded, which go to the connector on the volume pot, and which ones (if any ) get soldered together and are left hanging? Standard 4-wire leads, black, white, red, and the blue and bare wires together in a separate sheath.

Thanks!

As a starting point, check these wiring diagrams in our Gallery: Album: ASAT Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top wiring schematics.

Which G&L Humbucker pickups are you using? See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: Wiring help

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 pm

I find the G&L drawings a bit noisy, here is SD's schematic for a traditional 2 humbucker setup: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... h_2v_2t_3w

The only thing (I think) that is mildly confusing is the conductor wire colors. I think you should be able to figure it out with a multimeter. If you don't have one you really should go get one.

I actually had a long description of how to do this but here is a video which is MUCH easier to understand than what I was typing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UfxQBhqen8

hth