Tribute Rampage - Mod with a Trembucker or Humbucker SD JB?

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:56 am

Hi guys,
I'm new to the board and a happy new G&L owner. Apologies if this already posted somewhere else (I did look though I swear) and if this is kind of a silly question. I have a Jerry Cantrell Tribute Rampage and want to change the pickup to a Seymour Duncan JB however I don't know what one to use. I measured the spacing and this is what I got in the pic below. Seymour Duncan say

"Trembuckers are designed for a string spacing of 2.070" or 52.6mm, measured center of high string to center of low string over the bridge pickup. Humbuckers are designed for bridges with traditional Gibson humbucker string spacing of 1.930" or 49mm"

My measurement seemed to be super close and I'm not sure which way to go to be honest. Does anyone know what JB is used in the Signature Rampages, I would figure that would be what I need? Any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Jake

Re: Tribute Rampage - Mod with a Trembucker or Humbucker SD

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:18 am

G&L uses a Seymour Duncan JB Model TB-4 humbucker. See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks heaps for that Craig, much appreciated! :D

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Hey jlynx, welcome and congratulations on the Rampage, hope you're having a blast with it. As Craig has mentioned, the TB-4 is the way to go for the mod that you're looking for. Good luck! :sign0011:

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:19 am

Thanks man I am loving it. I've always wanted the guitar Jerry uses and am so happy I have one now! :)