Wiring output jack on ASAtTribute special carved top

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:26 am

I tried to tighten the nut on output jack, twisting the wiring off. I resoldered it probably wrong then plugged it in which caused a horrible noise. Then soldered the wiring correct( according to a you tube video) but now the guitar( my first one as I am a beginner 60 year old) won't play. Did I short something out? The only wiring schematic I can find is a drawing that doesn't clearly show how the jack is wired. I have ordered a new switchcraft jack( i live in Mexico, or I would just take it and have it repaired) and want to to know how to properly wire it.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Wiring output jack on ASAtTribute special carved top

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Martinoils wrote:I tried to tighten the nut on output jack, twisting the wiring off. I resoldered it probably wrong then plugged it in which caused a horrible noise. Then soldered the wiring correct( according to a you tube video) but now the guitar( my first one as I am a beginner 60 year old) won't play. Did I short something out? The only wiring schematic I can find is a drawing that doesn't clearly show how the jack is wired. I have ordered a new switchcraft jack( i live in Mexico, or I would just take it and have it repaired) and want to to know how to properly wire it.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

See the Gallery: Album: ASAT Special Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe Carved Top wiring schematic.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 am

The problem with the drawing is that I can't see in detail how to wire the output jack, and since the wires are twisted off, I don't know how the were wired. There is a small wire wired from one tab ( ground i guess ) and the other tab ( positive?) which doesn't appear on any videos I have seen on you tube ( they are wiring a Les Paul)
Thanks

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:35 am

Martinoils wrote:The problem with the drawing is that I can't see in detail how to wire the output jack, and since the wires are twisted off, I don't know how the were wired. There is a small wire wired from one tab ( ground i guess ) and the other tab ( positive?) which doesn't appear on any videos I have seen on you tube ( they are wiring a Les Paul)
Thanks

Perhaps this photo might help:

If this does not help, I suggest you seek out a guitar tech to do the repair.

Best of luck.

:ugeek: