Locking tuners for G&L Tribute series?

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Hey guys. I just bought a G&L ASAT Deluxe Tribute, and I love it. Thing is, I'm really considering taking the Fender locking tuners off my old DIY strat I made years ago, and putting them into the ASAT. I believe the ones I have are Schaller ones, where fender just licensed them to use or something..i bought them for like $65 over 10 years ago and put them in myself.

Thing is, I remember reading how Schaller tuners use those 2 little pins to anchor it into the headstock. Does the Tribute series have these on the stock tuners? I don't wanna start taking apart my brand new guitar yet unless I know I'm going to replace them.

Or will I have to manually do some drilling to get them to fit? I think I had to do that on my old Strat, but back then I didn't care because I was mainly just playing bass and wanted a guitar on the side.

Either way, I'm hoping it's easy enough to install. Hope someone has some info! Thanks!

Re: Locking tuners for G&L Tribute series?

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:45 pm

See this post: Legacy Tribute Tuners.

:ugeek:

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 pm

damn! thanks though Craig!

I'm finding she's coming out of tune a lot, but i guess i just have to break her in before it stops comin out from bends.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 pm

jayochs wrote:damn! thanks though Craig!

I'm finding she's coming out of tune a lot, but i guess i just have to break her in before it stops comin out from bends.

I would guess it's probably more of a nut problem than the tuner problem ..... do you have any nut sauce you can try ??

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:52 pm

i'm totally gonna pick some up.

i just changed strings now, and my B is chinging and getting caught on the damn string tree, and i can hear it. so i just picked it up over the string tree and it's fine.