replacement tunners

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:56 am

Can someone recommend some type of locking replacement tunners for my asat tribute?
Hopefully some that you know will positively fit.
I have heard Sperzel will fit. Anyone have experience with these?

Re: replacement tunners

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:52 am

did you try a search ??.... I think this has been discussed here , if I remeber right tributes have a different depth or length but there is a solution I just don't recall what it was

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:08 am

The first thing I did was search for topics.
Don't know if there actually are no posts concerning tribute tuners or the search engine on this forum
is as bad as it seems.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 am

The tributes have different alignment holes than the american models. I am not aware of any drop in locking tuners that would fit. I have installed American nonlocking tuners in a tribute and I just redrilled holes. The tribute tuners have two alignment holes.They are covered so you cannot tell unless you remove the tuners. The Schaller lockers have two pin holes and the Sperzel has only one so it would be less work to install Sperzels as you only have to drill one hole. Both types of locking tuners are used for American G&Ls. Just make sure you align them well so they are all straight when you are done. I found the bore hole to be the same as the American model.-- Darwin

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Here's some related threads:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2119

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9007&p=59033&hilit=tribute+locking+tuner#p59033