Tribute ASAT neck on Tribute Legacy

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Asking help again. I have three ASAT's and have some parts. Can I put an ASAT Tribute neck on Legacy Tribute body without any issues.

Thanks again

Re: Tribute ASAT neck on Tribute Legacy

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:44 pm

bender wrote:Asking help again. I have three ASAT's and have some parts. Can I put an ASAT Tribute neck on Legacy Tribute body without any issues.

Thanks again

I cannot give you a definitive answer. In theory it would seem so, but It depends if body and neck were built around the same time (and at the same factory). Since the necks are bolt-on
it should fairly easy to try it and see. If you do try this, let us know your results. You should check the back of the neck for the country of origin and the serial numbers. The Tribute serial
numbers are coded with the build year and month. See Serial number significance in this subforum for Tribute
build date coding.

Probably not much help here.

Sat May 20, 2017 10:36 am

Apologies for bumping an old thread here (from 7 years ago!) but I am curious to hear the results (if any)

I'm a lefty ASAT Classic owner (Tribute Series) and I love the guitar to pieces so much so that I would like to buy the Legacy model as a companion instrument.

The thing with the Legacy is that it comes with a Rosewood fretboard while the ASAT has maple.

I am interested in swapping the necks: the rosewood to the ASAT and the maple to the legacy.

Can this be done?

I am also going to re-finish the clear gloss to a solid candy apple red or fiesta red - if doable but I am more curious about the neck swap.

Thanks in advance!

Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 am

Quiksilver wrote:Apologies for bumping an old thread here (from 7 years ago!) but I am curious to hear the results (if any)

I'm a lefty ASAT Classic owner (Tribute Series) and I love the guitar to pieces so much so that I would like to buy the Legacy model as a companion instrument.

The thing with the Legacy is that it comes with a Rosewood fretboard while the ASAT has maple.

I am interested in swapping the necks: the rosewood to the ASAT and the maple to the legacy.

Can this be done?

I am also going to re-finish the clear gloss to a solid candy apple red or fiesta red - if doable but I am more curious about the neck swap.

Thanks in advance!

See this post: Replacing the neck on a Legacy Tribute?.
Also, see this post: Compilation of Replacement neck info posted on the G&L Forum.

Hope this helps. :ugeek: