Back Plate Noise Cancelling System for G&L guitars - Ilitch

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Up for sale is an ILITCH ELECTRONICS Back Plate Noise Cancelling System for G&L guitars. Black color with open design so you can see the springs and still adjust your tremolo springs. This is a hum cancelling system that works very well and is very transparent. It involves installing a new tremolo backplate on your strat style G&L and some rewiring inside the guitar. This backplate is built specifically to fit on a G&L.

I had this on a G&L S-500 and it worked extremely well. At first I wired it with a cut off switch so I could A/B the difference between normal wiring and the backplate switched in. The difference in tone was so minute I could barely hear a difference, so I removed the switch for cutting it out of the circuit. It just worked and sounded great. If you are playing with a fuzz or Big Muff pedal or other high gain pedals or on noisy stages this is what you need.

Here is the Ilitch website if you want to see more info. The photo of the G&L backplate with open design is exactly like the one I'm selling.

https://www.ilitchelectronics.com/hum-c ... rat-bpncs/

These are $250 new and this one is in great shape. I will sell it for $175 plus shipping. Comes with instructions for installation. I am selling the S-500 so I removed the backplate to sell it. I will email more instructions and pictures to install the system.