FS: 1995 Spruce/Flamed Maple A/E Acoustic Dreadnought

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 am

This is 1 of the only (3) chronicled in the guitarsbyleo.com "rarebird?" thread***

I'm offering for sale and rare bird to say the least...Solid spruce top, beautiful figured maple back and sides, mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard & bridge; rosewood head stock overlay with gold logo, bone nut AND a passive pickup ALL ORIGINAL!!! Just had frets dressed and a complete setup. The effort was a collaboration between G&L, Martin & Taylor with the now defunct Tacoma folks actually building the items. These facts are obvious and the guitar has a bolt on neck and bridge design with similarities to Taylors. There is a cosmetic ding on the treble side of the bridge that I had professionally repaired and a few other dings that less conspicuous but not through the finish and indicative of a 20+ year old guitar that was not a closet queen.

The sound is loud but very balanced across the fretboard and not muddy at all!

I have a couple emails from the original owner stating it being gifted to her by an employee of BBE/G&L between 1995 and 1997 and being told that the company decided not to go into production. My own research via the "guitarsbyleo" website corroborates this information and besides mine, there are only pictures and actual evidence of (2) others of the ~ 9 to 12 produced that "were released into the wild"...great description so I had to include it..lol. Check out the thread on "guitarsbyleo" titled "rarebird?" for more discussion...