FS: 1988 G&L ASAT Signature

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 am

I'm the original owner of this G&L ASAT Signature which sports Leo Fender's autograph (under clearcoat I guess) on the upper bout. Bought it with money from my high school landscaping job at Manny's Music on W48th in 1988. I played for many years and there are some bumps and bruises but no cracks or real damage. It has been setup recently (with 11s) and a new nut. Pretty minimal fretwear for the age. The tuners have been replaced with locking Sperzels. The originals will be included along with the original owner's manual.

The MFD pickups are AWESOME. I wish I could hold onto them. I think it's an alder body and a rock maple neck. The board is rosewood. It's a yellowy-blonde with nice grain showing through. The neck is pretty slim, which is the main reason I am finally moving it along. I rarely play it in favor of my fat neck partscasters. Has the white metal pickguard, nickel Schaller strap locks. Everything else is original.

That's it. I tried to show the signs of wear in photos...it's not perfect, but it's pretty, pretty good. Comes with a NWT Phitz gigbag or will sell it without a case. I don't have the original hard case anymore, it was unbranded anyway.

Asking $1600 shipped CONUS

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS: http://bit.ly/1RwwMRu