Trade: My ASAT Special Semi and ASAT Deluxe SEMI for your...

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:16 am

I have a couple G&Ls that aren't getting much playing time so wanted to see if anyone was interested in trading. Smoke free / pet free home. Contact me at dommacrone@yahoo.com for pictures, more specs, etc.... Thanks!

USA G&L ASAT Special semi-hollow - almost mint natural finish with beautiful grain and maple fingerboard. Have original case, case candy, COA but unfortunately no build sheet. A very "big" sounding guitar.

USA G&L Deluxe Semi-Hollow. I bought this new from Upfront a couple years ago. Honey burst, wood binding, Rosewood fingerboard. This guitar is visually stunning (IMHO). Comes with original case, build sheet, etc... Excellent condition. I upgraded the SD pickups to Fralin un-buckers and it is wired so you can split either or both pickups (so instead of just pull up on tone knob, you pull up on volume to split the neck pickup and pull up on tone to split the bridge pickup). Not only are the un-buckers much more "even" sounding split v. humbuckers, they are clearer and fuller than the SDs. What's really cool is you can go humbucker neck + single coil bridge (like a Blues boy) or reverse (like an HSS Strat). This mod is a significant upgrade to the stock guitar. The original pickups will be included. This guitar will do a WIDE variety of styles from scooped (almost acoustic sounding) singer-songwriter to hard rock crunch (bridge pickup in humbucker mode with OD).

Interests:
USA G&L ASAT Classic S (MFDs, NOT alnico)
USA G&L ASAT Classic S Semi Hollow (MFDs, NOT alnico)
USA G&L ASAT pine body (open on pickup configurations)
USA Fender P Bass (passive electronics) - can add cash for vintage
Fender blackface bassman head (don't need the cabinet)
Collings I35 (I can add cash)

Would consider:
USA G&L bass as long as it is passive electronics, but will depend on style, color, etc..

In all cases, I prefer 12" neck radius, slim C neck....wont rule out other necks EXCEPT can't do a V neck (it is a personal failing of mine). Prefer rosewood fingerboard but open to anything. Alnico pickups are great, but not my sound.....hence the emphasis on MFD