1988 Interceptor

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I added a purple & black 1988 Interceptor to my collection this week! It's mostly original, except for a Kahler string lock added to it. I removed it for the photos and a proper G&L, Guitar-Tech string lock will be installed. I also added a '97 Invader to the collection. It has had EMG pickups installed, and the OEM center pickup has been disconnected. I have the correct Seymour Duncan pickups coming for it, and it will be put back to stock.

Re: 1988 Interceptor

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Nice additions Steve. You have a nice collections of pre bbe's. -- Darwin

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:11 pm

I really like the head stock on the purple and black Invader , both look sweet !! ...nice score

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Beauties Steve!! Congrats :happy0065: :happy0065:

- Jos

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 am

Really liking that Interceptor, you did well !

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Yeah the Interceptor is a beauty and the invader looks fun as well. Good grab!

Y2kc

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Great additions Steve, both nice lookers but I am drawn to the Invader, and usually the Interceptor wold get the nod.
Great for you!

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:55 am

Hi Steve, love the interceptor. I was curious if you ever found a proper G&L guitar-tech string lock to install. I'm restoring a sickle-head skyhawk and need to find the whole guitar-tech assembly. I've found the 2 plates that get locked down by hex screws, here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-USA-Vintage ... 5196fa2b08

...but I'm still looking for the back plate that gets screwed to the neck. Any good leads on that piece? Thanks.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 pm

verybestal wrote:Hi Steve, love the interceptor. I was curious if you ever found a proper G&L guitar-tech string lock to install. I'm restoring a sickle-head skyhawk and need to find the whole guitar-tech assembly. I've found the 2 plates that get locked down by hex screws, here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-USA-Vintage ... 5196fa2b08

...but I'm still looking for the back plate that gets screwed to the neck. Any good leads on that piece? Thanks.

I already had a complete "Guitar Tech" string lock assembly in my parts stash. I still haven't got around to putting it on. The holes were filled when the original one was removed, so it'll be a bit of a chore.