Update 'student' model pic

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:05 pm

About a week ago, I got that rocking machine on the right, better known as a pre-BBE 1st body style SC-2. During my last LR duty I showed a pic of my student models 'cramming' and thought I could do better now. So here is the extended family:

- Jos

Re: Update 'student' model pic

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Bad to he bone!!!!!--Darwin

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Nice collection! :thumbup:

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:14 pm

totally bad ass !! ...... what is the humbucker model 2nd from the right (I'm having a brain fart right now) ??

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:totally bad ass !! ...... what is the humbucker model 2nd from the right (I'm having a brain fart right now) ??

It's an HG-2

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Yup, that is an HG-2. Had the nut reglued yesterday after it had come loose during the latest string change and I played it all afternoon. Great rocking machine with decidedly brighter buckers. But, and this is true for all tone stacks in these entry level instruments, you have great control with volume and tone to get the sound you want.

:sign0011:

- Jos

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:39 am

Great collection. I hope to get my hands on a Leo SC-2 one day, they look fantastic !

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Excellent stuff, Jos!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm

What a great collection. Very nice group of guitars. Which guitar out of that shot is your favorite to play?

Y2kc

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:03 pm

y2kc wrote:What a great collection. Very nice group of guitars. Which guitar out of that shot is your favorite to play?

Y2kc

:think: Eh, the Black one with the maple board … ;)

All kidding aside, I like the SC-1 a lot. Just a single pup, single volume, single tone, and your fingers. And the SB-2 is fun to play too. Lately I have been playing the HG-2 quite a bit after fixing its nut and those buckers are something. A delectable mix of warmth and bite.

- Jos

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:27 am

Jos, that is a sick collection! They look fantastic lined up next to each other! Great job assembling this collection.

These are the types of posts that make this a great site!

Thanks for sharing!
Dave

Sat May 31, 2014 9:00 am

Recently the collection got extended with a Bahama Blue 2nd body style SC-3 previously owned by Brandon Vestal (B Vestal on this forum). You see the new kid on the block on the far right. They are all still cramming on physics and the Apollo space projects. As their teacher, I had to make sure they were cheating or something. So I had them all turn around ;-)
- Jos
P.S. That guitar is really Blue and not Black. Otherwise I could have called that 2nd pic "Back(s) in Black". Alas! Another AC/DC reference wasted … Oh wait, "Black(s) and Blue" would be a Stones reference, wouldn't it? :D

Sat May 31, 2014 9:27 am

Very sweet score, I see that a hardtail SC-3 was needed to capture (close to) all the bridge/pup permutations
...cooool 8-)

Those 80's G&Ls had some curves to the backside .

cool pics!
!!

Sat May 31, 2014 1:00 pm

Jos , really sweet collection !!!... I would love to hang out in your music room !! ...... Brandon does have some bad azz guitars too