So many vintage G&L's on the market!

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:56 am

If you are into the Leo era G&L's you have most likely noticed that there are a ton of them available right now. The guitars are everywhere right now and the prices are all over the place. Any thoughts or insights on all these guitars? Are there any out there that have caught your eye? How about that beautiful Cavalier in the Marketplace right now? That is a beautiful Cav!

too many guitars,

y2kc

Re: So many vintage G&L's on the market!

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 am

I like the blue Cavalier a lot! To bad it's overpriced. Should the seller lower the price to something sensible, I might be interested.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 am

That is a killer looking Cav and most likely the only one in that color combo in that condition. I bet it weighs a ton but it is a beauty. If I had the bucks or a guitar he wanted in trade, I would be all over it.

There are a batch of nice guitars out there now and folks are holding the line on their pricing. I just hope the stores that are holding on to bunches are keeping them out of the hands of abusive shoppers. Hang them high or keep them in cases please, I like my vintage G&L's clean.

Are you getting any weather in mo. today? We are expecting storms this afternoon here in northern Il.

y2kc

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:52 am

the older SC 2 was nice last week , hope someone here got it , Jonc has had a few Leo era on here that were pretty darn nice , the Blue cavalier is a beauty , not sure if it's over priced more than just a mint beauty with the right color , the red Cav on ebay hasn't sold yet but I like the blue Cav here better ..... I'm thinking mint Leo era guitars are going to sky rocket in value in the near future , sooner than later

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am

y2kc wrote:
Are you getting any weather in mo. today? We are expecting storms this afternoon here in northern Il.

The weather is nice today. 70 degrees, sunny with 15 mph winds. We had storms last night.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:41 am

I just got an email from the seller of the Cavalier and it weighs 7 pounds. I stand corrected. He also sent me pictures and it is as nice as they get.

Sprinter- enjoy the weather, it sounds nice.

y2kc

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:56 am

that Cav is a sweety .....7 lbs is way lighter than my Cavalier , I wonder what the difference is ?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:05 pm

My old beater Cavalier is just over 9 pounds. It's the best playing G&L, I've ever owned.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:57 pm

That is no beater. That is a nice,well used guitar. That guitar is just getting broken in.

Y2kc

Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:52 am

I dig my early 90's Legacy!

Cheers,

Will

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 pm

check this bad boy out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-G-L-ASAT-w ... 4826347%26

here's a local CL for a Leo signeture priced pretty good

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/4199001055.html

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:33 pm

willross wrote:I dig my early 90's Legacy!

Cheers,
I hope you realize that thing is facing the wrong way.......again.

Will

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:the older SC 2 was nice last week , hope someone here got it ,

Hey Fumble Fingers,

Was dropped off at my desk at work today. Still have to bring her home for inspection, documentation, and a ride. But indeed she looks great and sound pretty darn good without amplification. Especially love the large position markers … ;)

- Jos

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Nice score !! ..... that thing had my mouth watering ... post some more picts if you get a chance so I can finish drooling

Eric