F100 Birth Date Neck and Body Dates are the Same !!!!

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

[url][/url]http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/cenz56/slideshow/F100%20Birth%20Dates

The Neck Date is Complete Sept 23 1980 and between the two mounting holes upside down Sept 23 and the black circle obscures the year. The body is mahogany. Because the dates are the same does this reinforce the employee guitar idea. The sickle head cut on the head from my prior posts and Candy Lemon it does look like. Any ideas out there
Thank You

Re: F100 Birth Date Neck and Body Dates are the Same !!!!

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Try posting a single image instead of a slide show. The Img tag should display it in your post. The URL tag will just embed a link to the Photobucket page.

I'm not surprised that the dates match. Remember that September 1980 was the very beginning of production, so there wouldn't have been a big stockpile of bodies and necks like later on. The same thing happened when other new models were introduced. I don't have any with matching body and neck dates, but a few of mine have dates within a week.

The body on my F-100 (serial number G000504) is dated the day after yours. I don't have a clear shot of the stamp, but here's the guitar:

Ken

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Nice and Clean. I will try the image suggestion. Thank You.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm

[url][/url]ImageImage