F-100 Headstock Question

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:43 pm

My F-100 G000548 has a sickle type headstock thought it was cut by the previous owner. So I bought a vintage F-100 neck with the standard headstock. Before I started to swap the necks, I compared them. The string guides are in different locations and on the sickle shaped headstock the decal is back from the edge. Is this common or a prototype. The finishes match and on the sickle headstock the lacquer, has signs of horiz. checking.

Re: F-100 Headstock Question

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 pm

These sickle headstock were typical of early Interceptors, '88 Skyhawk and early Comanches. I must admit I have never seen a sickle head on an F-100 which leads me to believe you might have an employee guitar. I privided links to pictures so you can see the string guides in different situations. You can use Greg Gagliano's site to check out different vintage F-100 and compare that to your newly acquired neck.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Here's a photo of the two different headstock for the Leo-era F-100 model plus the F-100 Return Edition:

Please post photos of your two F-100 necks. See Tutorial: Posting photos.

:ugeek:

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:50 am

Thank You, for the Quick Responses. I will post photos later in the day.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:14 am

Craig, the dramatic splay shown on the 3rd picture (F110 Return) is an not normal and I believe was only on a few. My F100 Return is not like that. It looks severely out of alignment with the low E tuner. I believe it was corrected after a few units.--Darwin