Trying to sell a 1985 HG-2

Tue May 21, 2013 6:38 pm

I really don't want to part with it but need the money and it doesn't get used. any ballpark on what I could get for this? Blue, Kahler trem system. Been gigged with a lot, has some dings, but not too bad. I bought it new.

Re: Trying to sell a 1985 HG-2

Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 pm

mhaselman wrote:I really don't want to part with it but need the money and it doesn't get used. any ballpark on what I could get for this? Blue, Kahler trem system. Been gigged with a lot, has some dings, but not too bad. I bought it new.

Wow, I'd love to see pics whether it's up for sale or not.

You should post an ad in the marketplace, I imagine you'll be able to clear well over a thousand due to
it's scarcity and era. maybe over two? (depends on condition,case,etc)
I don't know if they are listed in the blue book.
I'm sure other's will chime in .

Welcome to the discussion group BTW.
Is this your only G&L at the moment?

regards,Elwood

Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm

what is a HG-2 ?

Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:what is a HG-2 ?

See the Rarebirds section of the G&L Registry: HG-2.

:ugeek:

Tue May 21, 2013 10:47 pm

mhaselman wrote:I really don't want to part with it but need the money and it doesn't get used. any ballpark on what I could get for this? Blue, Kahler trem system. Been gigged with a lot, has some dings, but not too bad. I bought it new.

Please do post a photo, I was not aware of any with a Kahler trem installed by the G&L factory.

Check Zachary Fjestads' Blue Book of Electric Guitars 13th edition for value listing.

As mentioned, please do post your Ad in our Marketplace, as we don't allow posting of For Sale/Want Ads on the G&LDP.

See Welcome! Read This First as it includes details for posting photos.

:ugeek:

Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks all for getting back to me. I will go to Marketplace after I type this and post. I bought it new at Evans Music in White Bear Lake, MN in 1985. It had the Kahler when I bought it, and I don't recall asking whether the music store installed it or the factory, so I don't know. I have a few photos, and will let it go for [Admin: price removed-see his Marketplace Ad, not yet posted, for details or PM him]. I really don't want to sell, but I've hit some hard times here and need to get a timing belt replaced in my car. I hope to get an ASAT when my ship comes in :)