Re: some questions and need Leo era advice from the experts

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:06 am

Tundra , keep posting , I wasn't having any trouble reading your post as it was , I sure appreciate the input and knowledge , keep it up

Thanks , Eric

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 am

Good video Miles, I thought the guitar sounded great. That's my dilemma these days. A Leo SC-2 would be a fine guitar indeed. When I buy guitars , it keeps pushing a new amp purchase back.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 am

Fumble fingers wrote:Tundra , keep posting , I wasn't having any trouble reading your post as it was , I sure appreciate the input and knowledge , keep it up

Thanks , Eric

+1. Hope you make a speedy recovery too, Tundra :thumbup:

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:28 pm

[/timage]http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Mandoyuk/media/IMG_0070.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2[timage=][/timage]

thanks all. No offense taken. Glad to hear I will get better.
Left to right:
muisic man sbabre ii, F100 II and 86 ASAT

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Tundra wrote:[/timage]http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Mandoyuk/media/IMG_0070.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2[timage=][/timage]

thanks all. No offense taken. Glad to hear I will get better.
Left to right:
muisic man sbabre ii, F100 II and 86 ASAT

Here's the image inline, code first, then image:

Code:
[img]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn178/Mandoyuk/IMG_0070.jpg[/img]

:sign0005:

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks Criag. Glad your wife recovered. I want to heal fast but its slower than i thouhgt. But its reassuring thst I'll meant as long as there isn"t a major one. WHish m e luck. Its been since last monday [timage=][/timage]and if th minor one is this bad i an't imgamine hoe you survive a mjaor one.

[timage=photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Mandoyuk/8d83ee12-10cc-4ce8-8cfa-205225d9b333.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2QP3AFDlZlRTBBBF%2BdJbMq7riNzdkVVEDhFn%2FMXrzPwP%2BrQgxJO%2F0XYSTdtxqANROzi6yDr8A6LEY9FQ4K4vJpw6aalBro6dD5qH2weM%2BHWXbS%2Bmf7%2FnmWUGLiXDoFRiQgPUXyLZqE592nxjlhQHgF4%3D][/timage]

Sabre 11 F100 II and 86 ASAT MAPLE BODY CRINKLE HARDWARE PLASTIC PICKGUARD.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 pm

ok I got curious and swapped necks between the musicman sabre ii and f-100 II. I was able to put thr 78 neck on the f100 but the sabre neck didn't only because neck pocket on the
f100 neckpocket is rouneded otherwise it would have fitt. Bridge is smillar as well as th emachine heads and the pickupd. The sabre can get pretty bright. the neck profile is simliar as well.
The three screws would have lined up if the neck heel was the ame pattern.THe sabre wood is ash.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Tundra wrote:ok I got curious and swapped necks between the musicman sabre ii and f-100 II. I was able to put thr 78 neck on the f100 but the sabre neck didn't only because neck pocket on the
f100 neckpocket is rouneded otherwise it would have fitt. Bridge is smillar as well as th emachine heads and the pickupd. The sabre can get pretty bright. the neck profile is simliar as well.
The three screws would have lined up if the neck heel was the ame pattern.THe sabre wood is ash.

i don't think the necks would intonate properly, even if you can put it on there. the spacing after the 22nd fret is different.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Nice trio Tundra!

- Jos

Wed May 01, 2013 6:46 am

Nice guitars Tundra. I have never seen a Sabre. Boy does it look like the F-100. I wonder why Leo changed the pickup placement like he did?-- Darwin

Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Tundra wrote:Thanks Criag. Glad your wife recovered. I want to heal fast but its slower than i thouhgt. But its reassuring thst I'll meant as long as there isn"t a major one. WHish m e luck. Its been since last monday [timage=][/timage]and if th minor one is this bad i an't imgamine hoe you survive a mjaor one.

[timage=photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Mandoyuk/8d83ee12-10cc-4ce8-8cfa-205225d9b333.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2QP3AFDlZlRTBBBF%2BdJbMq7riNzdkVVEDhFn%2FMXrzPwP%2BrQgxJO%2F0XYSTdtxqANROzi6yDr8A6LEY9FQ4K4vJpw6aalBro6dD5qH2weM%2BHWXbS%2Bmf7%2FnmWUGLiXDoFRiQgPUXyLZqE592nxjlhQHgF4%3D][/timage]

Sabre 11 F100 II and 86 ASAT MAPLE BODY CRINKLE HARDWARE PLASTIC PICKGUARD.

That was Aussie's wife who had recovered. My father had a major stroke a few years ago, he is mostly recovered, but uses a walker to get around. He will be 91 this year.
Recovery does take some time but you can get through it, especially with support from your family and friends. We are all pulling for your full recovery as soon as possible.

:ugeek:

Sun May 05, 2013 8:36 pm

ThNKS ll!!! really appreciate the supoort. I'll try to type better no reason for you to suffer through bad typing just becuase I had a atroke. I'LL JUST GO SLOW AND REAd before
posting.back to the guitars. I'll post a picture of the sabre with the f100 neck i think it looks much better. Yes the Sabre II is simialr to F100.. the ckes fell the sME lthough
the sBRE'S NECK has a skunk stripe on the back. Any stringray or Sabre players out there?? I don't know about the resaon for the neck pickup placement in terms of routing
it would see faSTER TO ET IT DONE.. JUST route the neck pocket and go on and route the pickup route in one pass. maybe I'll Take photo to show what I mean.

Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 am

Code:
[/img [url][/url]htp://www.304.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Mandoyuk/image.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2QP3AFDlZlRTBBBF%2BdJbMq7riNzdkVVEDhFn%2FMXrzPwP%2BrQgxJO%2F0XYSTdtxqANRO zi6yDr8A6LEY9FQ4K4vJpw6aalBro6dD5qH2weM%2BHWXbS%2Bmf7%2FnmWUGLiXDoFRiQrvXRF3PhDxb2nxjlhQHgF4%3D[img
Code:

Sabrewith f100 neck stingray and ASAT

Dang I thouhgt I was doing right htis time. code image code.

Tue May 07, 2013 2:02 pm

please post the link again, that link has problems. you also only need the img tag, not the code and url.

Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Tundra wrote:
Code:
[/img [url][/url]htp://www.304.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Mandoyuk/image.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2QP3AFDlZlRTBBBF%2BdJbMq7riNzdkVVEDhFn%2FMXrzPwP%2BrQgxJO%2F0XYSTdtxqANRO zi6yDr8A6LEY9FQ4K4vJpw6aalBro6dD5qH2weM%2BHWXbS%2Bmf7%2FnmWUGLiXDoFRiQrvXRF3PhDxb2nxjlhQHgF4%3D[img
Code:

Sabrewith f100 neck stingray and ASAT

Dang I thouhgt I was doing right htis time. code image code.

Sorry, I must have confused you with posting the code. That was done to illustrate the actual code you would use.

Perhaps this will help:

1. Go to photobucket (or whatever photo hosting service you used).
2. Display the photo you want to post.
3. Move the mouse pointer over the photo.
4. Right click on the mouse device then scroll to the "Copy image URL" selection and then left click on it.
The image URL will now be copied to your Clipboard storage area.
5. Bring up the G&LDP and go to the thread you want to post to.
6. Click on the Post Reply button which should bring up the Post Editor.
7. Below the Subject editing box look for the "Img" button and click on it, which will put the image BBCode in the editor window
with the mouse pointer positioned, ready to paste the image URL copied in step #4.
8. Right click the mouse device then scroll to the "Paste" selection and left click. This should paste the image URL.
9. After completing your post, click the "Preview" button and verify that you post looks the way you want it.
10. Click the "Submit" button to complete the posting.

I hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue May 07, 2013 7:50 pm

tundra, if you still have a problem, just post the link to the photobucket pic, and any of us will post it inline.

Wed May 08, 2013 3:55 pm

http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Mandoyuk/media/IMG_0075.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
sabre ii with F100 neck, Sting ray I and 56 ASAT

Wed May 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I meant 86 asat

Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Tundra wrote:http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Mandoyuk/media/IMG_0075.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
sabre ii with F100 neck, Sting ray I and 56 ASAT

Thu May 09, 2013 10:48 am

Louis ,
Thanks for posting the picture. I don't what I waas doinf wrong I'd select code img picture parthimg but it din"t work for me. again thanks I really apprecite your hep!!!

Thu May 09, 2013 10:54 am

you copied the url from the address bar, not the image location.

Fri May 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Tundra,

When you have a photo open in Photobucket, look to the right. You'll see a box titled "Links to share this photo". Within that box, click the text beside the word "Direct". That copies the link for that photo. Paste that into the Img tag.

Ken

Sun May 12, 2013 11:37 am

THANK YOU LOUIS AND KeNC with the photo help I hope to do it right next time.
Fumble fingers.. Sorry to have highjacked your thread.. but I think people have given excellent sugdetion fo instruments to look out for. I relied on JJ Jaguars page
to read up on the models and which interested me most Som were easy to find in Ebay and some on this page. There is nothing wrong with getting too many G&l's and
Its always neat to ponder which one you gonna play. there aren't really "best" ones out there. Electric guitars are still a mystery for me because there are so many variablee
along your tone path versus acoustic instruments where they rely on tone woods. I ended up getting a ROland JC-77 hoping I would hear the guitar tone rather than the amp
since it so clean and sterile.. the highs can really hurt your ears. I have always wondered if there is another amp that can do this so you can hear the guitar rather than the tone
being changed by the cable, speaker an the electroncs along the tone path. I have tube amps I bring out as well. Thats also another story because i"ve haard some players will use
amps noise to their advantage. ANother issue I ran into was trying to understand the terminolgy of tone descriptions and ones description will be different from another persons.
some people have good ears which I don't. I'm thinking of geting a legacy since that may be the closest to the strat or a SC3 a shyhwk with a sickle headstock or basiclaly a strat looking G&L
with maple body..... one thing good about G&L is the built quality will be there. Now after saying all thtisand others can coreect me.. maybe the only issue you peobebly will quib about will be
the neck carve for I've heard is its all depenent on who did the carving so it makes it important for you to play it The closest guita shop is 400 miles away and you have to
catch a plane to do that so I don't have the luxury of going tp guiatar shops to try them all out. I can't ship out UPS or FEDEx. but don't let the neck thing bother you since YoU can swap it out with another G&l neck an it will fit. ANyway I did a lot of reading on a particular model before looking for one but if you run across a G&L for a price you can live with buy it you'll never regret it. One good piece of info was the list on whihc models
had the type of MFD pickup it had and you can find it in Knowlegebsae. Sorry for all thi rambling!! Have nice day.My other serach is for an el84 powered amp.. got the ^l^ and
el34 covered but still reading up on speakers. its a never ending thing.

Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 pm

its all good Tundra !! ..... this thread will also help me on posting photo's :clap:

Sun May 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks Fumble fingers didn't mean to use my disability to hijack your thread. Looking for a particular g&l have let me kind other tresures and its an ever ending quest. I will never afford a b
broadcster so running into the ASAT special was fufilling. I haven' dcided on the next purchse once I build up my funds. I've been inliflicted by a need to own a Fender brand Strat. But there
are so amny strat maodels to look at. SO its possibliy a 57 reissue Fender brand or a NASH but I may just settle for a Legacy. Or course it also depends on the price. I can't explain why I feel
I need a Fender brand stratocastor. I have several asats and that seems to have have quelled the need for a Fender tlel type.My brother build himdself a warmoth telel and that's pretty nice.. Good
luck and I hope you find what you are looking for and don't be surprised if it turns out to be something totally different. Take care!! I continue to heal but its a lot slower than what I want it to be
but I guess that its expected! To the others.. thank you for your all your support!!! It touched me deeply and turned mountains into hills I hope I will be able to return the favor someday!!!

Sun May 26, 2013 1:56 pm

I was looking at Fender's when I discovered G & L ...... I don't even look at Fender's anymore .... G & L just has too much for the money , you can't beat them ...... I have been gas'ing for some Z coils , I have a feeling a Comanche is going to be mine pretty soon