Skyhawk Neck Specs

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:43 am

Does anyone know what the neck specs are on the mid 80 Skyhawks? I've searched like crazy, but cannot track down the info.

Re: Skyhawk Neck Specs

Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Echoes wrote:Does anyone know what the neck specs are on the mid 80 Skyhawks? I've searched like crazy, but cannot track down the info.

I'd be willing to try to take some measurements on my '89 if you can't find them online.

elwood

Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Im not sure if the 89 is the same as the mid 80s ones.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Echoes wrote:Im not sure if the 89 is the same as the mid 80s ones.

If we took some measurements we might be closer to getting your answer,
if we don't...then there's just one more question not answered.
For what it's worth, this one...
<---- (it's the Skyhawk in my avatar pic)...has a neck that's 'just right' for me, not as thin or flat as the invaders,early S-500's,rampage...though not a baseball bat by any means.

Did you play a Skyhawk recently that was a good fit for you?

Just let me know if you want some #'s, no hurry,anytime...it's not goin anywhere :)

elwood

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Elwood wrote:Just let me know if you want some #'s, no hurry,anytime...it's not goin anywhere :)

elwood

I'd be interested in knowing which of the current #2 (G&L Vintage "C") neck or the #2b (G&L Heritage Vintage "C") neck is
closest to your Skyhawk neck.

TIA

:ugeek:

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Craig wrote:
Elwood wrote:Just let me know if you want some #'s, no hurry,anytime...it's not goin anywhere :)

elwood

I'd be interested in knowing which of the current #2 (G&L Vintage "C") neck or the #2b (G&L Heritage Vintage "C") neck is
closest to your Skyhawk neck.

TIA

I foresee some free time tomorrow eve. , I'll see if I can get them posted soon after.

I imagine at some point I'll order a new G&L, so knowing what is what will be a plus for me too.
elwood

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:42 am

I have managed to get one bit of info so far, 7.25 radius on the 85', now I just need to figure out the rest.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 am

Echoes wrote:I have managed to get one bit of info so far, 7.25 radius on the 85', now I just need to figure out the rest.

The factory radius should be 7.5" and the nut width should be 1 5/8". The factory neck number is a #2 (aka #II).

1985 Price List, Page 1:

1985 Price List, Page 4:

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 am

Aha! Great, now we're talking!

Thanks for the further info.