In case you missed it, Dale Hyatt has passed away.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:45 am

To all,
Yesterday I was saddened by the news of the passing of Dale Hyatt. Not only because he was such a powerful influence on what took place on Fender Ave., but because he was the kind of guy you enjoyed being around. He had a genuine interest in the creation and development of some of the finest instruments on the market. Anyone who owns or has played a G&L knows that they are fine instruments. What might not be known is who was responsible for so much of the product line. If you have ever wondered about what makes a G&L a G&L, it behooves you to read the post that Gabe posted yesterday, March 28th. The title is March 28th, a sad day in history. This will give you a glimpse into who Dale was and why he is truly an unsung hero in the history of the electric guitar.
Although I am aware that the media will mostly ignore his passing, it would be a travesty if this board does the same.

Rest in peace Dale and thanks for your contribution to my life and the lives of so many that never had the good fortune to know you.
Fred

Re: In case you missed it, Dale Hyatt has passed away.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 am

Thanks Fred.
Here's the link to Gabe's thread.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8351

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:36 am

That are sad news.

http://www.namm.org/library/oral-history/dale-hyatt

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Fred Finisher wrote:To all,
Yesterday I was saddened by the news of the passing of Dale Hyatt. Not only because he was such a powerful influence on what took place on Fender Ave., but because he was the kind of guy you enjoyed being around. He had a genuine interest in the creation and development of some of the finest instruments on the market. Anyone who owns or has played a G&L knows that they are fine instruments. What might not be known is who was responsible for so much of the product line. If you have ever wondered about what makes a G&L a G&L, it behooves you to read the post that Gabe posted yesterday, March 28th. The title is March 28th, a sad day in history. This will give you a glimpse into who Dale was and why he is truly an unsung hero in the history of the electric guitar.
Although I am aware that the media will mostly ignore his passing, it would be a travesty if this board does the same.

Rest in peace Dale and thanks for your contribution to my life and the lives of so many that never had the good fortune to know you.
Fred

Dale was a driving force at G&L. While his name may have not been on the guitar, these guitars may not have seen the light of day without him.
I was fortunate enough to have been able to have a couple of brief discussions with him and it was obvious he was very proud of his time at G&l. He didn't know me but took time to share his knowledge and help me.
He was good guy and an extremely hard worker. There was no Internet or cell phones when he was on the road in the 1950's and this guy covered a massive part of the western United States.

Dale, cut a wide path for all of us,

Casey

Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Goat and Miles,
I couldn't agree more with Casey. Had you had a chance to meet him, he would have treated you like you were why he did what he loved doing, meeting the needs of musicians.
Fred