F-100 question (80s vs reissues)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Hey Everyone, new to the board so please correct me if I'm posting in the wrong area.

Quick question for ya'll. I have a 1980 series II F-100 which I am going to trade back to one of my buddies for my 2005 ASAT Classic Bluesboy. Anyway, I really love the F-100, but the ASAT is sort of sentimental as my uncle who passed away bought it for me and Id like it back. However Im looking to purchase another F100 sometime soon.

I really just wanna know how/if the F-100 reissues compare to the 80s F100s. I cant seem to find a reissue available to play/mess around with in my area. So any and all advice and information will help. Thanks.

Re: F-100 question (80s vs reissues)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

I feel, the reissues are looking better, than the old ones. One reason is the headstock and the other is that control plate, the old ones do have.

On the other hand the old ones do have more tonal flexibility. The features of a passive 80s F-100 could one maybe implement into a reissue. But I wouldn't implement that out of phase thing, but a 3-way switch for the modes humbucker, single coil with filtered second coil and pure single coil, like it works on my F-100 E. The problem is that bass control, the reissues don't have and I don't know if theres room for it. Of course all that would require some permanent changes.

A Series-II of course has an 7.5" radius fret board, I prefer 12" and that's what you get on the reissue, the Series I are somehow rare to find.
Last edited by Miles Smiles on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: F-100 question (80s vs reissues)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Joey_WitJF wrote:Hey Everyone, new to the board so please correct me if I'm posting in the wrong area.

Quick question for ya'll. I have a 1980 series II F-100 which I am going to trade back to one of my buddies for my 2005 ASAT Classic Bluesboy. Anyway, I really love the F-100, but the ASAT is sort of sentimental as my uncle who passed away bought it for me and Id like it back. However Im looking to purchase another F100 sometime soon.

I really just wanna know how/if the F-100 reissues compare to the 80s F100s. I cant seem to find a reissue available to play/mess around with in my area. So any and all advice and information will help. Thanks.

For the wiring differences between them, see the Gallery Album: F-100 Wiring Schematics and Picture Diagrams.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: