Were there two SC-2 body shapes?

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Here's a current ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-L-SC-2-Vintage-1984-before-the-ASAT-or-Broadcaster_W0QQitemZ320511822653QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item4a9ffe4b3d

I know that the SC-3 had a later strat-like body shape, but I was not aware that the SC-2 was ever made in any other shape but the "Mustang" type design. I've never seen one like this. Is this an oddity?

Re: Were there two SC-2 body shapes?

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:32 pm

GGJaguar's site shows that there was indeed a later, Strat-style, body that was made for perhaps 1 year. I'll bet the guitar sounds great with the finish removed but the looks have something to be desired. IMHO.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:36 pm

The first place I looked was GGJaguar's site, and I must have missed that.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Maybe it was a pre-cursor to the Cavalier? Seems like same idea, different pickups. Though, I like the crescent control plate. Cool looking, even in it's current condition.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah,

That's a regular SC-2 model. They made it for about a year before it was discontinued when the Broadcaster came out. From the looks of it, It'll have the same type of tone as a mustang bodied version having the maple body and all. That said, the price does seem a bit steep for a stripped guitar of this version. I'll be watching it though.

Lates,

Connor