Skyhawk Price Question

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:00 pm

For a Skyhawk in nice condition, what should the current avg price range be? I'm looking at buying one, and want to make sure I'm not going to overpay.

Re: Skyhawk Price Question

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Is the original case included?
Solid color, burst, translucent,or natural?

The range is probably 650 - 900 depending on variables,cond.,etc.
I've seen early beat up players go for the 600 range without a case.

I paid 900 for a minty spalted version, and feel I still got a great deal.
<<--- (the one in my avatar pic)

Do know the year/serial ?

Love them Skyhawks,
:cheers:
...here's to you bringing it home for a good deal,

elwood

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 pm

It's an 87, good shape, finding out about the case right now, translucent. Seems like they may be a bit out of the range on the high end... hmm..

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 pm

From $400 for a beat-up but playable one to $1,000 for a mint Skyhawk.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Yep, as many people with their thoughts is certainly helpful.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm with Jos and Elwood. Anything over $1000 would be unrealistically high, and anything below $500 would either be a steal or unplayable. Most will run around $600-$800. I would inclined to pay more for a maple body than for ash, but that's just my personal preference. Cases are important, as these can be a bit long for generic Strat cases.

Ken

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:56 pm

I managed to get mine for $600. The finish and pickguard have some wear but it plays amazing. I made the deal well under the asking price and felt it was a steal. I would buy for up to $900-$1000 for a mint one. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $850. There are 3 on Gbase all listed over 1200. The blue transparent one on there is just like mine except mine has an ebony board and that one has maple.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

ben17e wrote:The blue transparent one on there is just like mine except mine has an ebony board and that one has maple.

OK, let's see some pictures :) . That sounds gorgeous!

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Here she is.. I believe a 1985 model:
Love the pickups and it does not go out of tune..ever! I can hammer the trem and its still there. No locking tuners, no graphite nut..pretty unreal.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:52 am

Yeah that is a beaut!

I couldnt get them to go below 1100, not to mention $78 shipping! Anyways, oh well, guess I'll keep lookin!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Yeah I got really lucky on mine. Still, I think you can snag cone under $1000 but you just dont see them too often which is part if the reason I like them.