my nighthawk

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:20 am

photo of my nighthawk http://s1298.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=0

Re: my nighthawk

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Sweet! You don't see a lot of these to begin with, but sunbursts are rarer still. Any figuring to the body or neck?

My Nighthawk has been the go-to for the past week. It is the best Strat-type guitar I've ever played, with my mid-80s Skyhawk taking a close second.

Ken

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Nice! My first G&L was a Nighthawk. I traded a Les Paul for it in 1983.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:00 am

I've played this guitar since 1983 when I was playing the bar thing. It has been played alot. Sold a 70,s strat in order to buy it. never have been
sorry about that. best guitar I ever owned and Ive owned a few.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Nice guitar. I see you also have a Carvin Acoustic amp. I have one and a Crate Acoustic and use the Carvin as an extra speaker and link the two together. Both have green cabs and the sound from the two through the Crate(actually really, really good) fills any room... Of the three I've had: Trace, Carvin & Crate the Crate was the best and cheapest too. Like the Carvin speaker/tweeter, though.

Cheers,

Will

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:06 am

Will I've really found the Carvin Acoustic useful. it's great for small rooms when a PA would be to much. Ive used it with Line 6 pod . I've even played bass though it. it sounds fairly good. especially when low volume is required.