Anybody on this forum get the Broadcaster hardware of eBay?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi gang,

I had noticed this auction on eBay for some Broadcaster hardware. Unfortunately, I cannot exactly make out the S/N stamped on the neck plate. It looks like 'BC00066', but the last 2 digits could as well be '68', '86', or '88'. So I didn't know how to register it.

If anybody on this forum got the set, could you register the neck plate with the correct S/N under 'neck or neck plate' in the Registry?

Thanks!

- Jos

P.S. There is a bridge registered already with S/N BC000068 so I'm not sure whether this is the same bridge.

Re: Anybody on this forum get the Broadcaster hardware of eB

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Cool stuff Jos, looks like a 68 to me. I just got my new specs two days ago and I can kinda see again!-- Darwin

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm

I would guess 68 also.

Not a bad deal for the rare hardware. When I was buying from a seller who had a stockpile/source of odd parts
I noticed a trend that most plates and bridges seemed to be picked by someone who liked numbers with some symmetry.
...like "111", etc. .
I would almost bet there was a employee /family member who had a chance to casually pick out interesting parts during the transition. Just a guess :searching: .

Who knows for sure (maybe Santa ).

Now to source some Lacewood and buy that decal (jk :D )

Elwood

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:06 am

Elwood wrote: I would almost bet there was a employee /family member who had a chance to casually pick out interesting parts during the transition. Just a guess :searching: .

All these parts are sold by a store in Arizona. And I try to wreck my brain where Dale Hyatt moved to. Was that Arizona? (HLG, are you out there?) But I'm pretty sure the originator of the early bridges, Broadcaster parts, and Commemorative decal has a tight relationship with Leo-era G&L.

- Jos

Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:06 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote: And I try to wreck my brain where Dale Hyatt moved to.
- Jos

He moved to Texas after Cali. (IIRC from the recent auction description) .

(...now where did I put that SC-500 decal ?)

Elwood

Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:16 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
Elwood wrote: I would almost bet there was a employee /family member who had a chance to casually pick out interesting parts during the transition. Just a guess :searching: .

All these parts are sold by a store in Arizona. And I try to wreck my brain where Dale Hyatt moved to. Was that Arizona? (HLG, are you out there?) But I'm pretty sure the originator of the early bridges, Broadcaster parts, and Commemorative decal has a tight relationship with Leo-era G&L.

- Jos

Dale moved just outside a very small town known as Hawkins Texas from Calif.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:25 pm

HLG wrote:Dale moved just outside a very small town known as Hawkins Texas from Calif.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Happy Holidays everybody!

- Jos

Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Some of the items are mislabeled and overpriced. Also, what's the deal with the "Gone With The Wind" stuff?

Cheers,

Will

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Toomanyguitars has been around the bay for a while now and he definatly had some sort of connection to get what he has, some of his prices are crazy high like 150 for a trem lock, I have at least a 1/2 dozen of these laying around the shop, they are great for slideing under the trem while changing strings, but the guitar tech lock downs are priced reasonably at 25 per set, I think I paid 30 at buffalo brothers years ago when I needed them for an old Invader I was restoring.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Ok, I was just referring to the Strat pick guard here called a Tele, etc... The lockdowns are priced well.

Cheers,

Will