A historical tidbit from Leo's office ...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Earlier today, Dave sent Ken Baker and myself this photo:

From the desk of Leo Fender. In 1986 he was thinking about a 6-string bass. Note the string gauges of .026 to .095

See Ken's post over on The Official G&L Bass Support Forum at http://www.bassesbyleo.com with more detail about it:

Historical - From the desk of Leo Fender

I also asked Dave if this was any kind of hint, and he replied:

Hi Craig,

I wandered in there today and that caught my eye. Been there for ages, I'm sure.

That's all there is to it. Thanks!

Dave

Very cool :thumbup: Now, if only ... ;)

:ugeek:

Re: A historical tidbit from Leo's office ...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Could that be the L-6000E bass? The January 15, 1989 G&L price list has a L-6000E bass listed. It doesn't have a price but states that March 1989 is the target date for it. The L-6000E is not listed on the January 15, 1990 price list.

Re: A historical tidbit from Leo's office ...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Sprinter 92 wrote:Could that be the L-6000E bass? The January 15, 1989 G&L price list has a L-6000E bass listed. It doesn't have a price but states that March 1989 is the target date for it. The L-6000E is not listed on the January 15, 1990 price list.

That's a good question! I don't think I have a copy of the 1989 Price List and all my G&L Sales stuff are packed away for our upcoming move to Paso Robles.
However, this DALE HYATT, G&L'S 6 STRING BASS, LEO'S NEW FINE TUNERS post by Larry Garrett (aka HLG) on Dale Hyatt's birthday almost two years ago
might just support that. Sure would like to know the history on it. Hope that Gabe and Greg's book will cover it, whenever, it sees the light of day. :searching:

:ugeek: