Have these ever been 'The Real Thing'?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:28 pm

There are currently 2 auctions on eBay for G&L promotional apparel. One is for a jacket and one for a T-shirt. Has G&L ever produced marketing material like this? Or is this some smart person using zazzle.com or something similar?

- Jos

Re: Have these ever been 'The Real Thing'?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Hmm. haven't seen those before.
I have a mechanics type G&L jacket but nothing that shiny.
Cool rampage embroidery, ...but the intonation looks a bit off :shocked003:

Elwood

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:45 am

Jos,
Unless someone went through a lot of trouble to reproduce these, these are real G&L items. Although I no longer have the T-shirts because I wore them out, I do have the tour jacket. There is a tag inside that reads Revelation Rags. Mine was given to me and a few other supervisors by Dale Hyatt. This was in '85. The tag is not in the collar. It is down low on an inside seam along with the size tag. I doubt there are many of these around because I remember Dale saying they cost $100.00 each to have made. The t shirts should be easier to find because he gave away a lot of those to all of us. Most of us wore them so the majority have been worn out. Hope this helps.
Fred

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 am

G'day I don't know about the shirts but I got to say, Fred I am so interested in everything you say.For me I am so interested in how it was back in the 80's. Thanks for being around here
Cheers
Anthony

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 am

Anthony,
You're welcome, this has been a kick for me because I had no idea there were so many people out there that cared about G&L. If I can get around to figuring out how to post things here, I will post a picture Gabe sent me last week that has one of the guys wearing one of those t shirts in the background.
Fred

Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Well, I'm curious, did someone from this forum score the Jacket or t-shirt. I contacted the seller about these items to see where he got them. The t-shirt was a good deal considering it was given to the seller by Dale Hyatt. The jacket was a bargain for the same reason plus the fact that it originally cost twice what it sold for.
Fred

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Fred Finisher wrote:Well, I'm curious, did someone from this forum score the Jacket or t-shirt. I contacted the seller about these items to see where he got them. The t-shirt was a good deal considering it was given to the seller by Dale Hyatt. The jacket was a bargain for the same reason plus the fact that it originally cost twice what it sold for.
Fred

Fred,

I got the jacket. After you had given us some info in your previous post, I felt confident enough to go for it.

- Jos

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Jos,
That's excellent, you'll be happy with it, it is very well made. The fact that it came from Dale also means it was probably never worn much if at all.
Fred

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 am

Fred Finisher wrote:Jos,
That's excellent, you'll be happy with it, it is very well made. The fact that it came from Dale also means it was probably never worn much if at all.
Fred

I agree. Nice jackets indeed. Heres a couple that Dale still owns.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Got the jacket today and must say: very nice!! There is no name stitched on the front but the Rampage and all the lettering on the back is indeed first class. My wife called me at work that a large box had arrived, so I asked her to open it up. While doing so she read the name of the guy who send it to me and right away a bell went off in my head. Now home I checked my paperwork and it turned out to be the same fellow who sold me a new Blues Boy Semi-Hollow with GTN BEM neck in '04; a guitar still in my possession. Small world! And if I would have known that, I wouldn't have worried in the first place.

- Jos

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:41 pm

If you work in the music industry, your whole wardrobe eventually becomes swag. I have so much I started giving it to my family. It's funny to see my dad walking around wearing an "old school" Digidesign hat.