NGD! 82/83 S-500 Hogbody

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:13 pm

found this beauty on craigslist while traveling . the fellow i bought it from said it was an 83 but the smooth pickgaurd and serial# make me think it is an 82. im not the most savvy in wood identification but it sure looks like mahogany to me. will be certain when i get home in about a week and check the neck pocket. sadly i also wont be able to plug her in for about a week. all and all very excited to have found such a cool axe at a great price!

Re: NGD! 82/83 S-500 Hogbody

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

1st year of what many think is Leo's best take on the Strat and the one to have. definitely mahogany. nice find.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:45 pm

jonc wrote:1st year of what many think is Leo's best take on the Strat and the one to have. definitely mahogany. nice find.

Yahooo!!
Someday I hope a stock '82 will find her way to me .
I love those big headstocks (and large fretmarker dots ? ) .

Can't wait for a tone report...but we know it's gonna be GOOOD : ))

elwood

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 am

Nice find. +1 on the big headstock love!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 pm

ok so i bought this guitar and less than 48 hours later i walk into a guitar store and was made a trade in deal that i could not refuse.

i really hated to let this one go but ill dry my tears on my ASAT classic custom S/H with birdseye neck in 60-90 days. but the hogbody with those square end pickups sounded AMAZING thank god i have almost everything to piece another one together.

-JT

ps. looks like they posted it on the bay, heafty price IMO but it is pretty dang sweet