F-100 NOS

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:43 am

Found on Ebay, incredible good shape:

But too expensive though, I guess:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0450641991

Re: F-100 NOS

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Beautiful! Mine is identical but in age appropriate condition. Makes me want to buff mine.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 pm

I've seen exactly these pictures for about a year ago. No one buys it, no one plays it.

As Eric Clapton told, when he started to visiting the USA and buying used Strats, he always looked for ones with signs of usage, as it's like in a restaurant: The ones with many people in there, have good food.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 am

i do not care for that. i like age appropriate condition. when a guitar sound good, it gets played. also, the benefits of a guitar aging do not happen when it is not played.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 am

I'm only a few miles away from that store, and have been out there a few times. If somebody is really interested, PM me and I'll give it a look for you. Those guys always ask full on retail, but there's usually some wiggle room....

Stay Tuned
BW

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Even if it does sound and play great, I'd have a hard time paying full boat and then turning it into a player...

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:Even if it does sound and play great, I'd have a hard time paying full boat and then turning it into a player...

I can understand that. Some are for playing some for hanging on the wall. :mrgreen:

Even the good looking ones I've got, had already signs of usage, so I didn't mind, played them and soon they got some dings more and I still don't mind, so I'm lucky. ;)

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:32 pm

That's a gorgeous guitar, but both of my F-100s together cost much less.

Mahogany goes really well with those early F-100 pickups. It's much mellower than swamp ash for this model. Mine are completely different instruments tonally, despite being only a couple of months apart in production.

Ken