NGD! '87 Skyhawk w/ Fine Tuner

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:18 pm

'87 Nighthawk w/Fine Tuner dual VibratoWon it on eBay.

Re: NGD! '87 Skyhawk w/ Fine Tuner

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 am

that's a beauty and the FTDF (plus Wilkinson nut) makes it extra nice. gotta love the matching burst headstock as well. Be careful though. the Leo-era G&L's can be very addicting. tone report when you get a chance would be great.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 am

what a beautiful guitar. great find. patrick actually asked me for my opinion on what to do, but i am always for buying another great g&l. i am glad he did not talk himself out of it. it is only irresponsible to buy if you can not afford it. otherwise you have to buy when they come around, this is rather rare and in great condition locally. about as good as it gets. congratulations from the bottom of my heart. i am jealous, even though normally i like later era g&l's, but i would love to have this one.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:00 am

From our very own Joseywales, I see. Clean looking,maple body, funky seldom-seen bridge... Awesome guitar!

Yeah, I'd take it. Good on ya for keeping it in the (virtual) family.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

Guitars like this need to be re-released. G&L's earlier designs are still unique enough for today's market(s). Why re-invent the wheel when you're already rolling???

Cheers,

Will

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:37 am

Beautiful!!

I saw it on ebay during my search for a guitar... didn't bid on this one :mrgreen:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 am

JohnR wrote:Beautiful!!

I saw it on ebay during my search for a guitar... didn't bid on this one :mrgreen:

That's good, better not to know who bid me up as far as they did. :fighting0030:

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:03 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:That's good, better not to know who bid me up as far as they did. :fighting0030:

I didn't either, I swear. :mrgreen:

Nice guitar!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:37 pm

This is a serious;y sweet looking Skyhawk. I would love to have it! -- Darwin

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:44 pm

darwinohm wrote:This is a serious;y sweet looking Skyhawk. I would love to have it! -- Darwin

Let us have some "cool" to, will ya? :happy0007:

Besides, you were my bad influence on this one...

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Very nice guitar. These early s-style guitars look great to me. I have never seen that bridge! Really nice.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 am

JagInTheBag wrote:
JohnR wrote:Beautiful!!

That's good, better not to know who bid me up as far as they did. :fighting0030:

may have been just a schill bidder. who knows.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 am

Hated to let this one go! It's a beauty! Bought it from Buffalo Bros. about 5 years ago. Meeting the new owner tomorrow morning to complete the deal. Also, for any of you who may be wondering, all of my auctions are legit. I don't play games.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:49 am

Spoke to Josey Wales on the phone, class act. One of the serious collectors taking care of examples like this around. I look forward to meeting you in person and becoming the next one to take overwatch duty (while playing out with it on occasion of course ;) ).

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:56 am

Josey Wales wrote:... Also, for any of you who may be wondering, all of my auctions are legit. I don't play games.

As someone who has had a number of transactions with Josey I certainly can vouch for that!

You've let another find specimen out into the marketplace but I guess none of us who bought one of yours are lamenting that too much ;)

- Jos

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Pleased to meet you in person Gary. I have already plugged it in. This thing friggin ROCKS! In near new condition. Josey Whales, decent guy that he is threw in a ton of G&L swag with the purchase. Thank you sir!

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:09 am

It was a pleasure meeting you as well, Patrick. Thanks for the smooth transaction. Sounds like you're already bonding with the Skyhawk. Let me know when your ready for the next one. ;-)

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:07 am

1.WOW
2.)more WOW

3.) this causes me some tech question

This fine tuner Tremolo,

Still available?
Does it fit on a normal (not Floyd rose recessed) body?
Does it have same 2 hinge screw distances ordinary Dual Fulcrum Tremolo ?

As I like Floyd rose but not the pool in the body's the Floyd's cause that bridge maybe an alternative

Thanks for insight

Roland

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 am

thunder100 wrote:1.WOW
YES

Still available? NO
Does it fit on a normal (not Floyd rose recessed) body? YES
Does it have same 2 hinge screw distances ordinary Dual Fulcrum Tremolo ? YES

As I like Floyd rose but not the pool in the body's the Floyd's cause that bridge maybe an alternative

Thanks for insight

Roland

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 pm

thunder100 wrote:1.WOW
2.)more WOW

3.) this causes me some tech question

This fine tuner Tremolo,

Still available?
Does it fit on a normal (not Floyd rose recessed) body?
Does it have same 2 hinge screw distances ordinary Dual Fulcrum Tremolo ?

Thanks for insight

Roland

standard floyds work with a normal body, recessing is not required.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Obviously not on my Legacy

But as I got an answer in the tech section this bridges are long gone

-->so no chance

Roland

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:18 pm

thunder100 wrote:Obviously not on my Legacy

But as I got an answer in the tech section this bridges are long gone

-->so no chance

Roland

One of the guys as the factory has a parts-o-leo with the last fine-tuner on it. If you want to pay 2k for a bridge, it comes with a one-off G&L attached. :evilgrin:

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:31 am

Sounds like a true bargain

:happy0007:

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Neck and Body dates:

P1060859 by ShowYourAuto!com, on Flickr

P1060854 by ShowYourAuto!com, on Flickr

P1060857 by ShowYourAuto!com, on Flickr

P1060850 by ShowYourAuto!com, on Flickr