S-500: Consenting Impulse

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:26 am

Link for playing in HD (audio: 320 kBit/s) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoqL2WXxJgE&hd=1

Embedded (choose 720p HD yourself!):

Last edited by Craig on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed video post

Re: S-500: Consenting Impulse

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

Miles,

Thanks for sharing, VERY nice licks! :sign0011:

We need that posted on the ol' G&L guitar clips page.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Miles Smiles wrote:S-500: Consenting Impulse Embedded (choose 720p HD yourself!)

Is this the name of the song or is this referring to an "impulse" used in digital amp sims?

I enjoyed the video. Do you remember what settings you were using? I wish I could see the toggle switch position. It is good to hear what an S-500 can sound like. Very nice looking guitar as well.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:Is this the name of the song or is this referring to an "impulse" used in digital amp sims?

It's the name of the song, just a random creation. :whome:

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:I enjoyed the video. Do you remember what settings you were using? I wish I could see the toggle switch position. It is good to hear what an S-500 can sound like. Very nice looking guitar as well.

For the chord intro I used neck and middle pu, with the volume rolled off. The single notes start with the neck pu only at full volume, which remains then the same until the end.
Amp Simulation was the Pod X3 and as usual I used a 60's Marshall Plexi with a 60's Marshall 4x12 cab simulation. In the second part I added a tube screamer simulation.

Thanks to everyone for comments and listening! :)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am

Great playing Miles! Thanks for sharing.