'85 Rampage

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:35 am

I got my '85 Rampage body back from the painter yesterday! I spent New Year's Eve evening assembling it. Assembly came to a halt when I discovered that I didn't have a 500k solid shaft pot in my parts collection. When I bought the guitar back in 2010 it had been painted red with a rattle can. I had Seuf Guitars in Kansas City strip and refinish the body back to it's original Rampage Red color. When they stripped the paint, they found that someone had taken a chisel or screwdriver and had attempted to add a neck pickup. They had filled the hole with wall spackle. The guys at Seuf's removed the spackle, squared up the hole and installed a piece of maple to correctly repair the damage. I had them age the body so that it would match the 27 year old neck.

The guitar currently has a Superhawk neck pickup in it. It's temporary until I decide what pickup I really want. I hope to have the parts to finish it by the end of the week. I'll post better photos then.

Sprinter 92

Re: '85 Rampage

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Sprinter, did you post pictures of the before? The reason I ask is that it looks like chips still in the body or are you keeping the relic appearance-- Darwin

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Darwin the pictures in the first post are current pictures. I had them relic the body so that it would match the neck. Here's a before photo. The rattle can job looks decent in this photo but in person it was awful.

Sprinter 92

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks Sprinter. The relic resto looks great--Darwin

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Great looking guitar. I've been looking for a lefty, but no go so far. The closest I can find is :

A "J Frog" Glock 22...

He made these in the early 80"s so I wonder if he tried this design first???

Cheers,

Will

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Ok, after doing a bit more searching, I found the Kramer Pacer & Beretta. The Nug' loved this design back in the day... I wonder if the Rampage could be ordered with a slightly offset pickup?

Cheers,

Will

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Will, the Frog is cool. Almost like a Jackson. I like the Blue.-- Darwin