"Come Together" from band practice

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Attempt to post something at 11/11/11 11:11 - "Come Together" cover
http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/together.mp3

Re: "Come Together" from band practice

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:00 pm

In a dinner conversation years and years ago someone pointed out to me that the time 11:11 was special. Assign whatever meaning to what makes it special. In the years since I have spontaneously glanced at a clock catching 11:11 countless times and not once was there a conscious intent to do it. If anything it may illustrate how well we are able to follow time.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:In a dinner conversation years and years ago someone pointed out to me that the time 11:11 was special. Assign whatever meaning to what makes it special. In the years since I have spontaneously glanced at a clock catching 11:11 countless times and not once was there a conscious intent to do it. If anything it may illustrate how well we are able to follow time.

or how often you glance at the clock and not give any significance other than when it's 11:11 ;)

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Louis,

Good point, that is definitely part of it. Each time it happens I recognize the time. I would not know if I had ever caught that time and not been conscious of it.

Yet the time is not really one that often fits with routines or anything scheduled and I have not had as many reasons to be thinking about that particular time in the day as others.

I suspect that I programmed it into my mind and that gave it the significance of more common times like a work start time, lunch time, the typical start of a show, etc. similar to a self-fulfilling prophecy.