G&L F-100 E, F-100 and Bluesboy

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:10 pm

A video I made with the F-100 E

I've also made on using the oder F-100

and there's the Bluesboy:

Pictures of all of them may be found here:
http://i.wuell.net/gallery/albums.php

The recording was done with an Pod X3. All Recordings have basically the same settings, starting with the simulation of a 1968 Marshall Super Lead amp.
Last edited by Craig on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed video posts

Re: G&L F-100 E, F-100 and Bluesboy

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Really nice. Love what you've done with that Bluesboy. A good 'rescue' job. Thanks for posting.

Bill

Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 am

BillEvans1956 wrote:Really nice. Love what you've done with that Bluesboy. A good 'rescue' job.

Thanks, currently I'm awaiting two NOS pick-guards I recently bought on EBay for that Bluesboy.
One in vintage cream and one in black pearloid. The currently installed has been roughly adapted by the pre owner to get a fender neck fitted, which can be seen on a close look.
I can't wait to check out which one will look better. ;)

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Miles Smiles wrote:
BillEvans1956 wrote:Really nice. Love what you've done with that Bluesboy. A good 'rescue' job.

Thanks, currently I'm awaiting two NOS pick-guards I recently bought on EBay for that Bluesboy.
One in vintage cream and one in black pearloid. The currently installed has been roughly adapted by the pre owner to get a fender neck fitted, which can be seen on a close look.
I can't wait to check out which one will look better. ;)

I suspect the cream or a glossy solid black (3=ply blk-white-blk) would look best.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:47 pm

I had no idea the F-100's could sound this good.

What pickups are in them?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:41 am

jwebsmall wrote:I had no idea the F-100's could sound this good.

What pickups are in them?

In both are the original MFD-pickups.

Only the neck pickup of the Mahaogany F-100 had to be rewound, but it has been done with about the same number of windings it originally had.