1983 G&L Cavalier Question

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Thanks for checking out my thread.

Has anyone ever seen a G&L Cavalier in transparent red with an ebony neck and three Cavalier pickups wired like a strat?

The reason I ask is that I did this to my G&L Cavalier back when I purchased it and if anyone knows where it is, I'd love to try and get it back.

Thanks for any advice/info you can provide.

Re: 1983 G&L Cavalier Question

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Some pics and the last known location of the guitar will be a big help here.....

I'll keep an eye out for 'ya....
BW

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks! I really don't have much to go on, but I figured that the forum may attract the "new" owner or someone who knows the owner.

I don't have any pics of my own, as I sold the guitar back in the '80s (once my family started) and we have had a fire that destroyed all of our pictures.

Attached is a picture off the internet of a "stock" G&L Cavalier. I purchased an extra pup, routed the body, cut the pickguard, installed the extra pickup midway between the two existing pups and wired the switch so it behaves like a 5-way strat. Imagine another pickup midway between the two existing pups.

I sold the guitar to a student, who moved to Butte, Montana and it was sold by him from Butte.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 pm

You might check the G&L Registry, as there are five Clear Red finished Cavaliers currently registered there,
though none of those entries mention an added pickup.

Hope this helps.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks Craig.

I realize this is the equivalent of trying to find a needle in a haystack.

:confused0007: