Funky Old Guitar by George and Leo

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:16 am

F100 Series 1 from 1980

Mahogany body in three tone burst, might be a one piece body, I can't find a join on it.

The neck one this one is ultra slim, probably the thinnest neck I've ever played. I got this one about six months ago, it had recently had a refret and the tuners have been changed to locking Sperzels. For a thirty year old guitar it's still going strong, it has plenty of dings and scratches on the body. The electronics are still working fine and the humbucking MFDs are really powerful, it easily overloads the clean channel on a Super Champ XD.

Re: Funky Old Guitar by George and Leo

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:24 am

Wow, what a find, especially in a lefty! Great piece of wood. -- Darwin

Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Very nice! 8-)

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

fantastic find Paul, congrats! I bet it sings!

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Tim Buffalo Bros wrote:Wow they must have been tired from partying the night before, they made it backwards!! ;)

For sure !

Just like that Legacy I bought from you a while back eh ? :fighting0030: :happy0065:

( awesome guitar by the way ! :thumbup: )

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks guys. It's a really funky guitar, I'm liking the MFD humbuckers a lot, power to spare and then some !

I wonder what they would be like in an ASAT ? I presume that's been done before in a limited edition model ?

If not it should be !

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Dig it!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:10 pm

That tobacco burst mahogany slays me every time! Great score anytime, but in a lefty!!! My hat is off to you!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Wow, enjoy.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Any initials or signatures on the inside? :)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:04 am

Very nice.

I would have preferred ones with "Series I" necks too, but they seem to be very rare, so I ended up with Series II for both of mine.

For it's a lefty, it must be extremely rare. ;)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 am

wow very nice.... especially the knobs... i wonder because if they would build it like that, g&l would be much more interesting and something oherwise as the hole <censored word> on the market...