Skyhawk Opinions

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 am

I am about to purchase this early Skyhawk for $730, from a long distance seller. Based on pictures does that seem to be a fair price? I already have an ASAT special, would this compliment that nicely? Feel free to share your thoughts on the early skyhawks.

Thanks!

Re: Skyhawk Opinions

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:43 am

A 1st generation Skyhawk in tobacco burst with matching headstock, ebony fretboard, and what looks like a mahogany (or possibly maple) body, plus the OHSC? I'd say $730 is a great price for that guitar and it should make for a very nice complement to, and different from your ASAT. About the only negative you might find is the necks on these (and most of the 80's G&L's) are somewhat shallow from front to back. The other major plus for me is that it's a hardtail which is pretty uncommon and definitely bumps this guitar up in desirability factory imho. Nice find!!! If you get it make sure and register it and let us know what you think. If you decide it's not for you I can't imagine your having much trouble flipping it. It looks like a NICE ONE and in seriously great condition.