1980' L-1000 bass wiring diagram and pickup information

Thu May 19, 2011 7:44 am

I am trying to restore a trashed L-1000. It has a NO patent applied for marking with the large hex head type pole pieces, ( i also have a slotted Pair, and small hex head pair). I would like to have the specs on pickup values and a wiring diagram to build a new control plate assembly. I sold off two of these, ( during tough times after Katrina) Any help would truly be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the efforts/ suggestions.

Re: 1980' L-1000 bass wiring diagram and pickup information

Thu May 19, 2011 12:33 pm

labedoor wrote:I am trying to restore a trashed L-1000. It has a NO patent applied for marking with the large hex head type pole pieces, ( i also have a slotted Pair, and small hex head pair). I would like to have the specs on pickup values and a wiring diagram to build a new control plate assembly. I sold off two of these, ( during tough times after Katrina) Any help would truly be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the efforts/ suggestions.

G&L has a schematic section on their main website and there are diagrams for the L-1000.

We have a post in the Knowledgebase, General G&L Questions sub-forum: List of pickups used in G&L basses.

You should also check out the G&L Bass Support Forum on http://www.bassesbyleo.com.

Hope this helps.