1982 SC1

Thu May 05, 2011 11:54 pm

I posted awhile back in the PSA section about an SC1 being parted out on Ebay. It bothered me so much that I took a chance and made a reasonable deal with the seller for the entire guitar. The guitar arrived yesterday in its original case.
I have to say that parting this out was criminal to say the least. The guitar is in very, very good condition. I have some suspicions about the "player" wear on the back of the neck but all in all its a true survivor and mostly unmolested. I have to repair a tuner as well as replace 2 missing bridge screws and when I get it assembled and play it a bit I'll fire out a tone report.
Surprisingly this is the first SC1 I have had the pleasure to fondle. So here are some good sized pics of the beast. Aged white nitro on maple "mustang" style body, large dot neck with early G&L stamped enclosed tuners, nice frets, clean hardware and 1 volume, 1 tone control!
Enjoy......

Re: 1982 SC1

Fri May 06, 2011 12:09 am

Kick*ss !!
Looks pretty heavenly already,

You have reason to be proud Yoeleven,
Elwood

Fri May 06, 2011 6:11 am

Lucky bastid!! That guitar looks great for its age. :happy0065:

- Jos

Sat May 07, 2011 2:16 am

Lovely. Nice and simple. Looks clean as a whistle too.

Sat May 07, 2011 7:00 am

WOW, great find brudda, that thing looks to be in great shape! why the hell anyone would want to parts out a guitar like that is beyound me.

Sun May 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Outstanding! I'm glad you saved it from being parted out! I bought an '85 Invader last year that was sitting in a store on consignment. The neck was in great shape and all the electronics were in good working order, but someone had butchered it with a bad paint job and replaced the graph tech string locks with some bizarre contraption that kinda looked like a Kahler replica locking nut. I bought it just to save it and bring it back to life. And I'm glad I did, I got a great guitar for a great price! I don't mod or refinish just to do it, I now look for old G&L's that need a little TLC. I gained a lot of respect for the G&L workmanship by repairing that guitar.

Great job! Thanks for sharing,
Dave

Tue May 10, 2011 10:28 am

You did a most righteous thing. Now we both have one!

Wed May 11, 2011 7:27 am

That's a great guitar. I don't know how much more someone can expect to get for such a rare guitar when parted out but you did the world a favor by keeping it together.

Fri May 13, 2011 7:01 pm

ahha the Lazarus SC-1, looking fantastic.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:57 am

it looks really great! I like the look of a one-pickup guitar...ala lp junior, plain and simple but hot!