25 most iconic guitars

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Whatdaya know, A G&L makes someones 25 most Iconic guitar list. Thing is, they could've done a little more research.
Look closely, it's hard to spot.
Obscure and outdated but it still mentions G&L
http://www.stuff.tv/news/past-and-futur ... itars-ever

Re: 25 most iconic guitars

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 pm

SJG wrote:Whatdaya know, A G&L makes someones 25 most Iconic guitar list. Thing is, they could've done a little more research.
Look closely, it's hard to spot.
Obscure and outdated but it still mentions G&L
http://www.stuff.tv/news/past-and-futur ... itars-ever

That's just wrong having that picture as the representative picture - wrong, wrong, wrong :shocked028:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm with Craig thats Just doesnt get it.
I think iconic guitars It would be Willie Nelson's Martin Gut string or Les Paul's 52 Gold Top, Jimi Hendix's Stratocaster,SRV's Strat or Merle Travis' Bigsby Guitar.
You walk into a Guitar Center and see a Reverse headstock MIM Stratocaster You say thats a Hendrix Strat.
I see a B.C.Rich Mockingbird I am not thinking Slash. The same with a Parker Fly.
G&L will make a real Iconic list some day. They needed to use a pic of a Broadcaster.

Chet
Last edited by cmguitar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:34 pm

That's just wrong having that picture as the representative picture - wrong, wrong, wrong :shocked028:

Couldn't have said it any better wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong :roll:
Easily could have mentioned Carl Perkins rather than leaving the player section blank, do they even have an editor?!

-Dave

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Wow .... :confused0007: Did I say wow :confused0007: ? Wow .... :confused0007: Somewhat miraculous they got the production number right. Guess that is the non copyrighted part ;) And to echo Dave, the great physicist Wolfgang Pauli used a particular phrase commenting on a theory that would be fundamentally flawed and it applies here too: "It's not even wrong!"
And of course Marc Bolan (1947-1977) sold his 'iconic' 2007 Flying V Robot for a lot of money ... Wow :confused0007:

- Jos

P.S. I found 2! Actually, found 311 registered exemplars. Should I tell them?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 pm

:thumbdown:

Carl Perkins is playing a broadcaster on the cover of a 'best of' album. Don't think I'll bother emailing the writer/editor though....