searching for years 1985 G&L Broadcaster please help

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:22 am

Hello in 1985 my father saved and layawayed a G&L Broadcaster that was signed by Leo Fender. It was also numbered 305 only a certin number were made. It was stolen from him at a gig he played one night. He was truly devistated. The guitar was solid black number BC00305 was the serial number. We have been searching for it for years and years. It was bought here in Amarillo, Tx at Fosters House of Strings. It was stolen here in Amarillo, Tx at a club named The Other Place. My fathers no longer plays and he is getting older and starting serious health problems. If i could located this guitar i would love to be able to return it to him he would truly be humbled. I know that the chance of this really happening are massive. But what the hell im sure stranger things have happend. We still have all the documents so please and info would help thank you

Re: searching for years 1985 G&L Broadcaster please help

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:52 am

memphis919 wrote:Hello in 1985 my father saved and layawayed a G&L Broadcaster that was signed by Leo Fender. It was also numbered 305 only a certin number were made. It was stolen from him at a gig he played one night. He was truly devistated. The guitar was solid black number BC00305 was the serial number. We have been searching for it for years and years. It was bought here in Amarillo, Tx at Fosters House of Strings. It was stolen here in Amarillo, Tx at a club named The Other Place. My fathers no longer plays and he is getting older and starting serious health problems. If i could located this guitar i would love to be able to return it to him he would truly be humbled. I know that the chance of this really happening are massive. But what the hell im sure stranger things have happend. We still have all the documents so please and info would help thank you

We do have a G&L Registry here on this site.
The Broadcaster is listed in our Rarebird section of this Registry.
I checked to see if your father's Broadcaster was registered, but did not find an entry. You might add it to this
Registry and include a note in the Other Features field mentioning the it had been stolen and a contact number or
email address.

Let us know if you should locate it and best of luck on your search.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:05 pm

1985 Broadcaster number 308. We have one for sale that is mint condition. It will be going on ebay next week. Contact us if there is interest.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:36 pm

memphis919 wrote:Hello in 1985 my father saved and layawayed a G&L Broadcaster that was signed by Leo Fender. It was also numbered 305 only a certin number were made. It was stolen from him at a gig he played one night. He was truly devistated. The guitar was solid black number BC00305 was the serial number. We have been searching for it for years and years. It was bought here in Amarillo, Tx at Fosters House of Strings. It was stolen here in Amarillo, Tx at a club named The Other Place. My fathers no longer plays and he is getting older and starting serious health problems. If i could located this guitar i would love to be able to return it to him he would truly be humbled. I know that the chance of this really happening are massive. But what the hell im sure stranger things have happend. We still have all the documents so please and info would help thank you

Sorry to hear about the theft of your Dad's guitar..Wish you well in your search..Maybe that #308 would help to make him happy? Regards Scott